Chili Sheppard’s Pie
Prep Time 10 MIN
Cook Time 20 MIN
- 1 lb (500g) lean ground beef or ground chicken or turkey
- 1 Hunt’s® Chili Kit Includes: -1 can (398mL) Hunt’s® Tomato Sauce -1 can (398mL) Hunt’s® Diced Tomatoes -1 packet (10g) Chili Seasoning -1 can (398mL) Del Monte® Dark Red Kidney Beans
- 3 cups (750 mL) prepared mashed potatoes, warmed
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) shredded Cheddar cheese
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) chopped green onion
- Cook and stir meat in saucepan over medium-high for 7 minutes or until cooked through; drain.
- Stir in tomato sauce, diced tomatoes, chili seasoning, and kidney beans. Simmer 10 minutes, stirring occasionally. Transfer to an 8-inch, square dish. Spread mashed potatoes evenly over top. Sprinkle with cheese.
- Broil on high on the middle rack, for 3 minutes or until cheese is melted. Sprinkle with green onion before serving.
Chef's Tip:• Prepare and save extra mashed potatoes from last night’s dinner to re-warm in the microwave while meat is simmering.
• Add a dash of hot sauce to the meat, if desired.
• Garnish with chopped tortilla chips, for added crunch.