Prep Time 0 MIN
Cook Time 45 MIN
- 2 cups (500ml) Hunt's® Original Tomato Sauce
- 1 cup long-grain white rice, uncooked
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1 large onion, chopped (1 large = about 1 cup)
- 1 medium green bell pepper, chopped (1 med = about 1 cup)
- 1 can (14 oz) chicken broth
Sautéed onions and bell peppers in tomato-seasoned rice
- Cook rice and oil in large skillet over medium-high heat 3 minutes, or until rice is lightly browned, stirring frequently.
- Add onions and bell peppers; cook and stir 5 minutes, or until vegetables are crisp-tender. Stir in tomato sauce and broth. Bring to a boil over high heat. Cover skillet with lid; reduce heat to low.
- Cook 25 minutes, or until rice is tender. Stir before serving.