Savoury Steak Stroganoff
Prep Time 0 MIN
Cook Time 30 MIN
- 1 1/2 cups (375 mL) Hunt's® Original Tomato Sauce
- PAM® Original No-Stick Cooking Spray
- 8 oz (225 g) Dry Cholesterol or Egg Noodles, Uncooked
- 1 lb (500 g) Boneless Beef Top Sirloin Steak
- 1/4 teaspoon Salt
- 1/4 teaspoon Ground Black Pepper
- 1 1/2 cups (345 g) for the Sliced Mushrooms
- 1 medium Onion cut into thin slices, separate into rings
- 1/4 cup (62.5 mL) Distilled White Vinegar
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) Sour Cream
Tender strips of steak in a creamy tomato mushroom sauce, served over hot cooked egg noodles.
- Cook noodles according to package directions. Meanwhile, cut beef into thin strips; season with salt and pepper.
- Spray large skillet with cooking spray. Heat over medium-high heat 1 minute. Add half of the steak; cook 3 minutes or until no longer pink, stirring constantly. Remove from skillet; place in medium bowl. Cover to keep warm. Repeat with remaining steak; set aside.
- Add mushrooms, onions and vinegar to same skillet; mix well. Cook 5 minutes, or until liquid is almost evaporated, stirring occasionally. Return steak and any accumulated juices to skillet. Stir in tomato sauce. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low; simmer, uncovered, 5 minutes. Remove from heat.
- Spoon sour cream into small bowl. Remove 125 ml of the tomato sauce mixture from skillet. Gradually add to sour cream, stirring until well blended. Return mixture to skillet; mix well. Drain noodles; spoon onto serving plate. Top with the steak mixture.