Spaghetti with Tomato Cream Sauce
Prep Time 15 MIN
Cook Time 30 MIN
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) olive oil
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) white wine (optional)
- 1 carton (33.5 oz/910 mL) Hunt's® Original Tomato Sauce
- 3/4 cup (175 mL) 35% whipping cream
- 1 pkg (12 oz/375 g) Catelli® Smart Spaghetti
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) chopped fresh parsley
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 tsp (1 mL) each salt and freshly ground pepper
- In large, nonstick skillet, heat oil over medium heat; cook onion and garlic for 3 minutes or until softened but not browned. Add wine (if using); simmer for 2 minutes.
- Add tomato sauce and cream to skillet; simmer, stirring occasionally, for 15 minutes or until slightly reduced and heated through.
- Meanwhile, prepare spaghetti according to package directions; drain and toss with sauce, half of the parsley and Parmesan, salt and pepper until evenly coated. Sprinkle with remaining parsley and Parmesan.
Chef's Tip:• Add a pinch of hot pepper flakes along with the onion for a slightly spicy tomato sauce.
• Brown ground beef, turkey or veal along with the onion for a meaty pasta sauce.