Tomato and Pesto Chicken
Prep Time 25 MIN
Cook Time 0 MIN
- 1 can (540 mL) Aylmer® Accents® Petite Cut Stewed Tomatoes with Garlic & Olive Oil
- 1 cup (250 mL) Hunt's® Original Tomato Sauce
- 8 ounces dry penne pasta, uncooked (8 oz = 2-1/2 cups)
- 3 cups small fresh broccoli florets
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 6 boneless skinless chicken breasts (5 oz each)
- 1/2 cup soft cream cheese spread
- 1/3 cup refrigerated basil pesto
Chicken breasts, simmered in tomato sauce, served with pasta and broccoli tossed with a creamy tomato-pesto sauce
- Cook pasta according to package directions, omitting salt and adding broccoli last 2 minutes of cook time.
- Meanwhile, heat oil in 12-inch nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add chicken; cook 5 minutes or until lightly browned on both sides. Add undrained tomatoes and tomato sauce; bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium-low; cover. Simmer 8 minutes or until chicken is no longer pink in centers (165°F).
- Remove chicken from skillet; keep warm. Add cream cheese to sauce remaining in skillet; stir until cream cheese is melted completely. Stir in pesto; simmer 2 minutes to thicken slightly. Drain pasta. Add to skillet; mix lightly. Serve chicken with pasta mixture.