Baked Ziti Casserole
Prep Time 10 MIN
Cook Time 20 MIN
- 1 can (680 mL) Hunt's® Tomato Sauce with Onions, Herbs & Spices
- PAM® Original No-Stick Cooking Spray
- 8 ounces (225 g) dry ziti pasta
- 1 pound (500 g) ground sirloin beef
- 1 can (5.5 fl oz or 156 mL) Hunt's® Original Tomato Paste
- 1 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese (1 cup = 4 oz)
Layers of pasta, meat sauce and mozzarella cheese baked together for a satisfying family casserole.
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Spray 8x8-inch baking dish with cooking spray. Prepare pasta according to package directions; drain. Cook beef in large skillet over medium-high heat 7 minutes, or until browned and crumbled, stirring frequently; drain. Stir in pasta sauce and tomato paste; blend well.
- Spoon 1/2 cup meat sauce into bottom of prepared baking dish. Top with half the pasta, half the remaining sauce, and 1/2 cup cheese. Repeat layers, starting with pasta and ending with cheese.
- Bake, uncovered, 10 minutes or until cheese is melted. Serve immediately.