Beef and Mushroom Bolognese
Prep Time 30 MIN
Cook Time 0 MIN
- 1 can Hunt's® Tomato Paste (156 Ml)
- 2 cans (540 mL) Aylmer® Accents® Original Petite Cut Tomatoes
- 6 ounces dry fettuccine pasta, uncooked PAM® Olive Oil No-Stick Cooking Spray
- 1 pound ground round beef (85% lean)
- 3/4 cup chopped yellow onion
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1 pkg (8 oz each) sliced fresh button mushrooms
A quick skillet version — beef and mushrooms simmered with seasoned tomatoes, then tossed with pasta
- Cook pasta according to package directions, omitting salt.
- Meanwhile, reserving 1 cup (250 mL) of the jucies, drain both cans of tomatoes.Spray large skillet with cooking spray; heat over medium-high heat. Add beef, onion and garlic salt; cook 5 to 6 minutes or until beef is crumbled and no longer pink, stirring occasionally. Remove and discard all but 1 tablespoon drippings from skillet.
- Add mushrooms and tomato paste. Cook 2 to 3 minutes or until mushrooms are tender. Add undrained tomatoes; reduce heat and simmer 5 minutes. Stir in cooked pasta; simmer 2 minutes more or until hot.