Prep Time 20 MIN
Cook Time 08 HR
- 1 can (540 mL) Aylmer® Accents® Petite Cut Stewed Tomatoes with Garlic & Olive Oil
- 1 can (6 oz/156 mL) Hunt's® Tomato Paste
- 1 cup (250 mL) onion, chopped
- 1 cup (250 mL) baby carrots
- 2 cups (500 mL) celery, sliced
- 1 lb (500 g) red potatoes, scrubbed and cubed
- 2 lb (900 g) beef stew meat, cut into chunks
- 2 teaspoons (10 mL) dried thyme leaves
- 3/4 cup (180 ml) water
Hearty chunks of beef with onion, carrots, celery and potatoes in a rich tomato sauce
- Place onion over the bottom of 3-1/2 quart or larger slow cooker.
- Add the following ingredients in this order: carrots, celery, potatoes and beef. Sprinkle with thyme. Pour diced tomatoes and water over the top of the beef.
- Cover; cook on LOW setting for 8 to 10 hours until meat is tender. Stir in tomato paste; cover.
- Cook an additional 10 minutes on HIGH setting