Beefy Cowboy Chili
Prep Time 20 MIN
Cook Time 10 MIN
- 2 cans (1080 mL) of Aylmer® Accents® Diced Stewed Tomatoes with Chili Seasonings
- 1 can (6 oz/156 mL) Hunt's® Tomato Paste
- 1 lb (500 g) beef top sirloin steak, cut
- into small, bite-size pieces
- 1/2 teaspoon (2 mL) salt
- 1/4 teaspoon (1 mL) ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon (15 mL) vegetable oil
- 1 cup (250 mL) onion, chopped
- 1 teaspoon (5 mL) finely chopped garlic
- 1 can (19 oz/540 mL) red kidney beans
- 1 cup (250 mL) water
- 1 teaspoon (5 mL) granulated sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon (1 mL) red pepper flakes
- Sliced green onions, sour cream
- Cheddar cheese
Chunks of tender beef and beans in a spicy and hearty tomato-based chili made in less than 30 minutes
- Sprinkle steak pieces evenly with salt and pepper.
- Heat oil in 6-quart saucepan over medium high heat 1 minute. Add steak pieces, onion, garlic and chili powder. Cook 5 minutes, or until steak is browned on all sides and onion is tender, stirring frequently.
- Add beans, both diced tomatoes with about 1 cup (250 mL) of juice, tomato paste, water, sugar and red pepper; blend well. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low; simmer, uncovered, 10 minutes, stirring occasionally. Serve with optional toppings, if desired.