Prep Time 30 MIN
Cook Time 10 MIN
- 1 can (540 mL) Aylmer® Accents® Petite Cut Stewed Tomatoes with Spicy Red Pepper
- 1 cup (250 mL) Hunt's® Original Tomato Sauce Pasta/Sauce
- 1 pkg— 9 oz (255 g) refrigerated linguine, uncooked
- 1 tablespoon (15 mL) olive oil
- 1 shallot, finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper Spicy Shrimp
- 1 lime, juiced
- 1 tablespoon (15 mL) Worcestershire sauce
- 2 teaspoons (10 mL) hot pepper sauce
- 2 teaspoons (10 mL) olive oil
- 1 teaspoon dried Italian seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 500 grams peeled and deveined large shrimp, thawed if frozen
- Grated Parmesan cheese, optional
Spicy tomato sauce and ‘blazing’ spiced shrimp served with cooked linguini pasta.
- Preheat oven to 200°C (400°F). Prepare pasta according to package directions; drain, rinse and keep warm. Reserving 1/2 cup (125 mL) of the juices, drain the stewed tomatoes.
- Meanwhile, Make Sauce: Heat oil in large saucepan over medium heat until hot. Add shallot and garlic; cook 4 to 5 minutes or until shallot is translucent and garlic is fragrant.
- Add tomatoes and the reserved jucies, tomato sauce, red pepper flakes, salt and black pepper. Simmer covered 20 minutes while preparing shrimp.
- Make Shrimp: Combine lime juice, Worcestershire sauce, pepper sauce, oil, Italian seasoning and black pepper in 13x9-inch baking dish. Add shrimp and toss to coat. Bake 8 to 10 minutes or until shrimp are tender and bright pink in color.
- Combine cooked pasta with sauce. Top with shrimp and grated cheese, if desired. Serve.