Bruschetta Chicken Skillet
Prep Time 15 MIN
Cook Time 15 MIN
- 1 cup (250 mL) Hunt's® Tomato Sauce
- 1 can (540 mL) Aylmer®Accents® Garlic & Olive Oil Petit Cut Tomatoes, drained
- 3/4 cup shredded Italian blend cheese
- 1 pkg (0.75 oz each) fresh basil, chopped (about 1/4 cup)
- 5 boneless skinless chicken breasts (5 oz each)
- 1 teaspoon finely chopped garlic
- 2 cups small garlic- or Italian-flavored croutons, crushed slightly
Chicken breast with diced tomatoes, cheese and basil cooked in tomato sauce, then topped with croutons just before serving for the flavor of bruschetta
- Stir together drained tomatoes, cheese and basil in medium bowl; set aside.
- Pound chicken to 1/2-inch thickness. Top evenly with tomato mixture, pressing onto chicken.
- Combine tomato sauce and garlic in large skillet; add chicken. Bring sauce to a boil over medium-high heat. Reduce heat to medium-low, cover and cook 15 minutes or until chicken is no longer pink in centers (165°F). Top with croutons just before serving.