Chicken Breasts with Fine Cream Cheese, Olive and Tomato Stuffing
Prep Time 15 MIN
Cook Time 20 MIN
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) Hunt’s® Tomato Paste
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1 cup (250 mL) soft cream cheese
- ¼ cup (60 mL) black olives, chopped
- 1 tsp (4 mL) dried thyme Pepper
- 2 cans (398 mL each) Hunt’s® Tomato Sauce
- ½ cup (125 mL) 35% cream
- 10 tarragon leaves, chopped or ½ tsp (2 ml) dried tarragon
- Salt and pepper
- Place all the ingredients in a pot, bring to a boil and cook over low heat for 15 minutes, stirring from time to time. Chicken:
- In the meantime, make a lengthwise incision in the poultry breasts and butterfly them. Flatten them lightly and place each breast onto a large piece of aluminum foil.
- In a bowl, mix the cream cheese, olives and thyme. Spread the stuffing evenly onto the chicken. Roll the breasts to form roasts. Tighten the aluminum foil, sealing as much as possible.
- In a baking dish, place the rolled chicken wrapped in aluminum foil. Bake for 40 minutes at 300oF (150oC).
- Then, remove the aluminum foil and plunge them into the Hunt’s® Tomato Sauce. Continue cooking for 15 minutes over low heat. Serve with pasta on the side.