Prep Time 15 MIN
Cook Time 25 MIN
- 1 can (398 mL) Hunt’s Heirloom – Whole Tomatoes
- 1 lb (500 g) boneless skinless chicken thighs, cut into 2-inch (5 cm) pieces
- 1/4 tsp (1 mL) each salt and pepper
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) olive oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 carrot, chopped
- 1 stalk celery, chopped
- 1 red pepper, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) finely chopped fresh rosemary
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) Hunt’s Tomato Paste
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) dry white wine
- 1 cup (250 mL) reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) pitted whole black olives, halved
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) pitted whole green olives, halved
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) finely chopped fresh parsley
- Season chicken with salt and pepper. Heat oil in Dutch oven or high-sided skillet set over medium heat; cook chicken for about 5 minutes or until golden brown all over. Transfer to plate.
- In same skillet, cook onion, carrot, celery, red pepper, garlic and rosemary for 3 to 5 minutes or until slightly softened.
- Stir in tomato paste; cook for 1 minute. Stir in wine; cook until wine is reduced by half. Stir in tomatoes and broth; bring to boil. Reduce heat to medium-low; simmer for 10 minutes. Return chicken to pan; cook until sauce thickens slightly.
- Stir in black and green olives. Sprinkle with parsley.