Chili Lime Salmon with Asparagus and Brown Rice
Prep Time 0 MIN
Cook Time 50 MIN
- 1 cup (250 mL) brown rice, uncooked
- 2 teaspoons (10 mL) Canola Oil
- 1/2 Cup (125 mL) finely chopped red onion (125 mL = 1/2 med onion)
- 1 can (156 mL or 5.5 fl oz) Hunt's® Original Tomato Paste
- 1 cup (250 mL) water
- 1/3 cup (85 mL) lime juice (3 limes = about 85 mL)
- 1 tablespoon (15 mL) chili garlic sauce (for more heat, add by 1 tsp increments)
- 2 teaspoons firmly packed brown sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- PAM® Original No-Stick Cooking Spray
- 1-1/2 pounds (700 g) salmon fillets, cut into 6 portions
- 8 oz (225 g) asparagus, trimmed, cut into bite-size pieces
- 1/4 cup (62.5 g) slivered almonds, toasted
Baked salmon drizzled with a spicy chile-lime sauce served over brown rice with asparagus and almonds.
- Prepare rice according to package directions. Meanwhile, make chile-lime sauce by heating oil in large skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add onion; cook 5 minutes or until tender, stirring often. Stir in tomato paste, water, juice, chili sauce, sugar and pepper. Reduce heat to low; simmer 3 minutes. Remove from heat; keep warm.
- Preheat oven to 163°C (325°F). About 15 minutes before rice is done, spray large sheet of aluminum foil with cooking spray. Place salmon in center of foil. Bring up ends of foil and fold to seal. Bake on baking sheet 12 minutes or until opaque.
- Place asparagus in microwave-safe bowl with 1 tablespoon water; cover. Microwave on HIGH 3 minutes or until crisp-tender; drain. Toss cooked rice with asparagus and almonds. Serve salmon over rice; drizzle