Crispy Breaded Tilapia
Prep Time 25 MIN
Cook Time 0 MIN
- 1 cup (250 mL) of Hunt's® Original Tomato Sauce
- 1 can (540 mL) Aylmer® Accents® Petite Cut Stewed Tomatoes with Garlic & Olive Oil, drained
- 3 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1 cup chopped yellow onion
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1/3 cup Grated Parmesan Cheese
- 1/4 cup Italian-style bread crumbs
- 1 egg, beaten
- 4 tilapia fillets, thawed if frozen (4 fillets = 1 lb)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
A delicious breaded tilapia recipe coated with a Parmesan cheese breading and topped with a chunky balsamic tomato sauce.
- Heat 1 tablespoon oil in medium saucepan over medium-high heat. Add onion; cook 3 to 4 minutes or until tender. Add undrained tomatoes, sauce and vinegar. Bring to a boil; reduce heat and simmer 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Meanwhile, combine cheese and bread crumbs in shallow dish. Place egg in another shallow dish.
- Sprinkle fish with salt and pepper. Heat remaining 2 tablespoons oil in 12-inch nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Dip each fillet in egg, coating both sides. Coat with cheese mixture; place in skillet. Cook 2 to 3 minutes on each side or until fish flakes easily with fork (145°F). Serve tomato mixture over fish.