Garlic and Basil Halibut
Prep Time 0 MIN
Cook Time 20 MIN
- 1 can (398 mL) Hunt's® Tomato Sauce No Salt Added
- 1 can (156 mL) Hunt's® Original Tomato Paste
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme leaves
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 1/2 lbs (700 g or approximately 6) halibut fillets
- 1 tablespoon (15 mL) butter
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh basil leaves
- 1/4 cup water
Flaky halibut served with a tomato, basil and garlic sauce.
- Combine garlic powder, thyme and pepper in small bowl; sprinkle evenly over both sides of fish. Set aside.
- Melt butter in large skillet over medium heat. Add fish; cook 2 to 3 minutes on each side, or until lightly browned on both sides. Remove from skillet; cover to keep warm.
- Add Hunt's® Original Tomato Sauce No Salt Added and Hunt's® Original Tomato Paste, basil and water to skillet; mix well. Carefully return fish to skillet, being careful not to allow sauce to cover tops of fish fillets; cover skillet with lid. Reduce heat to low; simmer 5 minutes, or until fish flakes easily with fork and sauce is heated through. Serve fish with the sauce.