Greek Baked Shrimp with Tomatoes and Feta Cheese
Prep Time 15 MIN
Cook Time 15 MIN
- 1 can (398 mL) Hunt’s Heirloom – Whole Tomatoes
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) olive oil
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tsp (5 mL) dried oregano
- 1/4 tsp (1 mL) each salt and pepper
- 1 lb (500 g) large peeled deveined tiger shrimp, tails removed (16 to 20 count)
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) crumbled feta cheese
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) finely chopped fresh parsley
- 4 Greek-style pita breads, warmed
- Lemon wedges, for serving
- Preheat oven to 425˚F (220˚C). Heat oil in ovenproof skillet set over medium heat; cook onion, garlic, oregano, salt and pepper for about 2 minutes or until slightly softened.
- Stir in tomatoes; crush lightly with potato masher. Bring to boil; cook for about 5 minutes or until sauce thickens slightly.
- Stir in shrimp and sprinkle with feta. Bake for about 5 minutes or until shrimp start to curl and are just cooked through. Sprinkle with parsley. Serve with warm pita breads and lemon wedges.
Chef's Tip:Alternatively, serve shrimp over rice.
Substitute fresh mint or dill for parsley if desired.