Hearty Beef Stew
Prep Time 20 MIN
Cook Time 7 HRS 40 MIN
- 1 can (540ml) Aylmer® Accents® Original Petit Cut Stewed Tomatoes, drained
- 1 can (156 mL) Hunt's® Tomato Paste
- PAM® Cooking Spray
- ½ cup (125 mL) chopped onion
- 1 cup (250 mL) baby carrots
- 2 cups (500 mL) sliced celery
- 1 lb (500 gr) cubed red potatoes
- 2 lb (1 kg ) beef stewing meat, cut into cubes
- 2 tsp (10 mL) dried thyme leaves
- ¾ cup (175 mL) water
- *Slow cooker size: 3 ½ quart (4 L)
Enjoy the aroma from the slow cooker and the goodness of veggies, beef and potatœs in this stick-to-your-ribs stew.
- Spray inside of 3-1/2-quart slow cooker with PAM® Cooking Spray. Place onion over the bottom of slow cooker. Add the following ingredients in this order: carrots, celery, potatœs and beef. Sprinkle with thyme. Pour drained Hunt's® Plain Diced Tomatœs and water over the top of the beef.
- Cover; cook on LOW 8 to 10 hours or until meat is tender.
- Stir in Hunt's® Tomato Paste. Cover; cook 10 minutes more on HIGH.