Italian Chicken-Zucchini Skillet
Prep Time 30 MIN
Cook Time 0 MIN
- 1 cup (250 mL) Hunt's® Original Tomato Sauce
- 1 can (540 mL) of Aylmer® Accents® Chunky Stewed Tomatoes with Italian Seasonings (No Salt Added), drained
- 1 cup dry orzo pasta, uncooked
- PAM® Organic Canola Oil No-Stick Cooking Spray
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into bite-size pieces
- 1 pkg (16 oz each) frozen bell pepper and onion strips
- 2 cups sliced zucchini
- 1/4 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
Chicken with zucchini, bell pepper and flavored tomatoes are simmered together and served over orzo with Parmesan cheese for an easy main dish
- Cook pasta according to package directions, omitting salt.
- Meanwhile, spray large nonstick skillet with cooking spray; heat over medium heat. Add chicken; cook 6 minutes or until no longer pink, stirring occasionally.
- Add pepper and onion strips, zucchini, drained tomatoes and sauce; stir well. Increase heat, cover and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium; cook 10 minutes or until zucchini is tender, stirring occasionally. Serve chicken mixture over orzo pasta. Sprinkle with cheese.