Mediterranean Penne and Sausage
Prep Time 0 MIN
Cook Time 30 MIN
- 1 can (680 mL) Hunt's® Tomato Sauce with Onions, Herbs & Spices
- 1 can (5.5 fl oz or 156 ml) Hunt's® Original Tomato Paste
- 12 oz dry penne pasta, uncooked (12 oz = 3 cups)
- 1 pound (500 g) Italian pork sausage links, casings removed
- 1 can (2.25 oz or 65 ml) sliced ripe olives, drained
- 1/4 Cup (62.5 ml) water
- 1 pkg (6 oz or 170g) fresh baby spinach
- 3 cups shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese (3 cups = 12 oz)
Penne pasta tossed with fresh spinach, mozzarella cheese and a rich tomato and Italian sausage sauce.
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Meanwhile, brown sausage in large skillet over medium-high heat, stirring frequently to break up sausage with spoon. Drain.
- Stir in tomato sauce, tomato paste, olives and water. Reduce heat to medium-low; simmer 5 minutes, or until heated through, stirring occasionally.
- Drain pasta; place in large serving bowl. Add sauce and spinach; mix lightly. Add cheese; stir until slightly melted.