Paparedelle with Portobello Bolognese Sauce
Prep Time 0 MIN
Cook Time 1 HR 15 MIN
- 1 can (156 mL) Hunt's® Tomato Paste
- 910 ml Hunt's® Tomato Sauce
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) olive oil
- 1 cup (250 mL) finely chopped yellow onion
- ½ lb (250 gr) ground beef
- ½ lb (250 gr) ground pork
- 1 ¼ tsp (6 mL) salt
- ½ tsp (2 mL) ground black pepper
- 1 cup (250 mL) dry red wine
- 2 cups (500 mL) sliced baby portabello mushrooms
- 2 cup (500 mL) beef stock
- 1 lb (500 gr) dry pappardelle or fettuccine, uncooked
- ¾ cup (175 mL) whipping cream
- Finely chopped flat leaf parsley (optional)
This Italian dish simmers to perfection with onions, mushrooms, beef, pork, wine and tomatœs to delight your taste buds.
- Heat oil in 10-inch (25cm) skillet over medium-high heat until hot. Add onions; cook 3 to 4 minutes or until onions are tender, stirring occasionally.
- Add beef, pork, salt and pepper. Cook and stir 4 to 5 minutes or until meat is browned and crumbled. Blend in Hunt's® Tomato Paste; cook 2 to 3 minutes or until lightly caramelized.
- Add wine; simmer 8 to 10 minutes or until wine is nearly evaporated. Add Hunt's® Crushed Tomatœs, mushrooms and broth. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium; simmer uncovered 30 to 35 minutes or until sauce has reduced by about one-third. Stir in cream and heat until hot.
- Meanwhile, cook pasta according to package directions. Drain and return to cooking pan.
- Add meat sauce to pasta; stir until pasta is coated with sauce. Serve immediately and sprinkle with parsley, if desired.