Prep Time 15 MIN
Cook Time 20 MIN
- 12 oz (375 g) spaghetti
- 3 tbsp (45 mL) olive oil
- 4 anchovies, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- Pinch hot pepper flakes
- 3/4 cup (175 mL) pitted black olives
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) capers
- 1 tsp (5 mL) dried oregano
- 1 can (398 mL) Hunt’s Heirloom® Diced Tomatoes
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) finely chopped fresh parsley
- 1/4 tsp (1 mL) salt and pepper
- Cook spaghetti according to package directions. Drain, reserving 1/3 cup (75 mL) cooking liquid.
- Meanwhile, heat olive oil in large skillet set over medium heat; cook anchovies, garlic and hot pepper flakes for about 1 minute or until garlic is softened. Stir in olives, capers and oregano. Cook, stirring occasionally, for 1 to 2 minutes or until fragrant.
- Add tomatoes; simmer for 10 to 12 minutes or until sauce thickens slightly. Toss sauce with spaghetti, reserved cooking liquid, parsley, salt and pepper until well coated.
Chef's Tip:Substitute anchovy paste for anchovies if desired.
Serve with Parmesan cheese.