Penne Pasta Casserole
Prep Time 20-30 MIN
Cook Time 20-30 MIN
- 1 can (540 mL) Aylmer® Accents® Petite Cut Stewed Tomatoes with Garlic & Olive Oil
- 1 can (156 mL) Hunt's® Tomato Paste
- PAM® Original no-stick cooking spray
- 3 cups dry penne pasta, uncooked
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- 1 large onion, chopped (1 cup)
- 1/2 cup water
- 3 cups (12 oz) shredded mozzarella cheese
Tender penne pasta baked in a meaty tomato sauce and topped with mozzarella cheese.
- Preheat oven to 350° F
- Cook pasta according to package directions, drain
- Brown meat with onions in large skillet; drain. Stir in Hunt's® Diced Tomatoes with their liquid, the tomato paste and water; cook until heated through, stir occasionally.
- In large bowl, add pasta, tomato and beef mixture and 2 cups of cheese; toss to coat.
- Spray 13x9 inch baking dish with cooking spray. Spoon mixture into dish; sprinkle with remaining cheese
- Bake 25 minutes, or until casserole is heated through and cheese is melted