Quick Spaghetti and Meatballs
Prep Time 15 MIN
Cook Time 25 MIN
- 2 cans (398 mL each) Hunt’s Heirloom – Crushed Tomatoes
- 8 oz (250 g) spaghetti
- 3 tbsp (45 mL) olive oil, divided
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 1/2 tsp (2 mL) each salt and pepper, divided
- 1/2 lb (250 g) lean ground beef
- 1/2 lb (250 g) lean ground pork
- 1 egg, beaten
- 3/4 cup (175 mL) grated Parmesan cheese, divided
- 1/3 cup (75 mL) dry bread crumbs
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) finely chopped fresh parsley
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) loosely packed torn fresh basil
- Cook pasta according to package directions; drain.
- Meanwhile, heat 2 tbsp (30 mL) oil in Dutch oven or large saucepan set over medium heat; cook onion and half of the salt and pepper for about 2 minutes or until slightly softened. Stir in tomatoes; bring to boil. Reduce heat to medium-low; simmer sauce while making meatballs.
- In large bowl, mix together beef, pork, egg, 1/4 cup (60 mL) Parmesan cheese, bread crumbs, parsley, garlic, and remaining oil, salt and pepper. Divide into 16 portions and roll into balls. One at a time, drop meatballs into sauce; cover and cook for about 15 minutes or until meatballs are cooked through.
- Add pasta to pot, stirring until well coated with sauce. Remove from heat. Stir in basil and remaining Parmesan cheese.