Skillet Chicken Parmesan with Quinoa
Prep Time 20 MIN
Cook Time 10 MIN
- 2 cups (500 mL) Hunt's® Original Tomato Sauce , 2 tsp (10 mL) Italian Seasoning
- 1-1/2 cups quinoa, uncooked
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/3 cup Grated Parmesan Cheese
- 1/4 cup Italian-style bread crumbs
- 1-2 eggs
- 2 tablespoons Canola Oil
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into bite-size pieces
- 3/4 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
A quinoa skillet recipe with tender pieces of breaded chicken, seasoned tomato sauce and cheese.
- Cook quinoa according to package directions, adding the salt. Meanwhile, combine Parmesan cheese and bread crumbs in large resealable food storage bag. Place egg in shallow dish.
- Heat oil in large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Dip chicken in egg , coating all sides. Place in cheese mixture; shake bag to coat evenly. Place coated chicken in skillet. Cook 5 to 7 minutes or until chicken is no longer pink in centers, turning occasionally.
- Pour 1 can of tomato sauce and Italian seasoning over chicken in skillet; gently stir to coat with sauce. Heat 2 minutes more or until sauce is hot. Reduce heat to low. Sprinkle chicken with mozzarella cheese; let stand until cheese melts. Stir remaining 1 can of tomato sauce into cooked quinoa; heat until hot. Divide quinoa between 6 plates. Top evenly with chicken.