Spaghetti Squash, Sausage and Feta Cheese
Prep Time 10 MIN
Cook Time 1 HRS
- 1 ½ cups (375 mL) Hunt’s® Tomato Sauce
- 1 spaghetti squash (approx. 2 – 3 lbs)
- 4 tbsp (60 mL) olive oil
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 2 spicy Italian sausages, chopped into large pieces
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) finely chopped fresh rosemary
- 1 cup (250 mL) feta in large pieces
- 2 green onions, chopped
- Cut the spaghetti squash in half lengthwise. Remove the seeds with a spoon. Drizzle with 3 tbsp of the oil, then sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Place the squash on a baking tray, cut side down. Bake in a preheated 400°F oven for 45 minutes, or until the squash is tender.
- Meanwhile, heat the remaining olive oil in a saucepan set over medium heat. Add the sausage, onions and garlic; cook for 5 minutes. Add the tomato sauce, rosemary, salt and pepper to taste and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Separate the strands of squash into spaghetti with a fork. Mix the "spaghetti" with the sauce; gently mix in the feta and chopped green onions.
- Place the mixture in the squash and place under the broiler for 5 minutes.
- Serve in the squash.