Spaghetti with Sausage and Peppers
Prep Time 10 MIN
Cook Time 20 MIN
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) olive oil, divided
- 4 mild Italian sausages,
- 1 onion, thinly sliced
- 4 cloves garlic, thinly sliced
- 1 red bell pepper, thinly sliced
- 1 carton (910 mL) Hunt's® Original Tomato Sauce
- 1 pkg (375 g) Catelli® Smart Spaghetti
- 1 green bell pepper, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) chopped fresh parsley
- Heat half the oil in a large, nonstick skillet set over medium-high heat. Cook sausages for 3 minutes per side or until browned; transfer to a cutting board. Drain fat, leaving 1 tbsp in pan. Add onion, garlic, red pepper and green pepper. Cook for 5 minutes or until softened.
- Cut sausages, on an angle, into 1/4-inch thick slices. Return to the skillet. Pour in tomato sauce; bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, prepare spaghetti according to package directions. Toss with the skillet mixture until evenly coated. Sprinkle with parsley before serving.
Chef's Tip:• Serve with grated Parmesan, Romano or Asiago cheese, if desired.
• Prepare with hot Italian sausage for a spicy entrée.