Spicy Chicken Enchiladas with Tomato and Oregano
Prep Time 10 MIN
Cook Time 20 MIN
- 1 can (540 mL) Aylmer® Accents® Original Petite Cut tomatoes
- 1 can (540 mL) Aylmer® Accents® Petite Cut Tomatoes with Spicy Red Peppers
- ½ carton (405 mL) Hunt’s® Tomato Sauce (1/2 Resealable Tomato Sauce Carton)
- 2 skinless chicken breasts, cut into thin strips
- 4 large tortillas
- 1 cup (250 mL) Monterey Jack (or mozzarella), grated
- 1 red onion, finely chopped
- 2 cups (500 mL) chopped peppers (colour of your choice)
- 20 fresh oregano leaves (or 1 tbsp [15 mL] dried oregano)
- 1 lime, juiced
- 3 tbsp (45 mL) olive oil
- Salt and pepper
- Place the chicken, oregano and lime juice in a bowl. Season with salt and pepper and leave in the refrigerator for 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, heat some olive oil in a frying pan over medium heat. Sauté the peppers and onion for 2 minutes. Add both cans of Aylmer® Accents® diced, seasoned tomatoes and cook for 15 minutes. Set aside.
- In another frying pan, heat some olive oil and sauté the chicken over medium heat for 6 minutes, stirring frequently. Add the tomato, pepper and onion mixture to the chicken and cook for 2 minutes. Adjust the seasoning to taste.
- Spread the tortillas on a work surface. Top each tortilla with chicken and vegetable mixture. Roll each tortilla tightly. Place the tortillas in a lightly oiled oven dish.
- Cover the tortillas with Hunt’s® Tomato Sauce; sprinkle with grated cheese. Preheat oven to 400°F (200°C) oven and bake for 12 minutes. Serve hot.