Spicy Spaghetti with Beef and Vegetables
Prep Time 20 MIN
Cook Time 0 MIN
- 2 cups (500 mL) Hunt's® Original Tomato Sauce
- 8 ounces dry spaghetti, uncooked
- 1/2 pound ground sirloin beef (90% lean)
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon granulated sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 medium zucchini, thinly sliced (1 med = about 1 cup)
- 2 medium tomatoes, seeded, chopped (2 med = about 1 cup)
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
Spaghetti sings when topped with this sassy tomato sauce featuring ground beef and fresh vegetables.
- Cook pasta according to package directions, omitting salt. Drain; set aside.
- Combine meat and onions in medium nonstick skillet. Cook over medium heat 4 to 5 minutes, or until meat is no longer pink, stirring frequently. Drain, if necessary.
- Stir in tomato sauce, vinegar, Italian seasoning, sugar, garlic powder and red pepper. Cook 3 to 4 minutes, or until heated through, stirring occasionally.
- Add pasta and zucchini; mix well. Cook 2 to 3 minutes, or until heated through, stirring occasionally. Stir in tomatoes and parsley; heat through.