Tomato and Avocado Dressed Kale and Cauliflower Salad
Prep Time 15 MIN
Cook Time 0 MIN
- 1 small raw cauliflower, finely chopped, stalk removed
- 2 cups (500 mL) of kale, cut very finely
- ¼ cup (60 mL) sliced almonds ¼ cup (60 mL) raisins
- 1 can (369 mL) Hunt’s® Tomato Paste
- 1 well-ripened avocado
- 1 clove garlic
- 3 tbsp (45 mL) balsamic vinegar
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) lemon juice
- ¼ cup (60 mL) olive oil
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Place all the ingredients for the dressing in a blender and blend at a high speed for 2 minutes (add some water if necessary, the dressing should be creamy).
- Gently toss together the cauliflower and kale with the dressing, (to taste).
- Cover with plastic wrap; refrigerate for at least three hours before serving.
- Bring to room temperature for 30 minutes before serving; sprinkle with almonds and raisins.
Chef's Tip:Kale is low in calorie, high in fiber, and a unique twist to this salad.
Spice up your lunch by using this creamy dressing in your tuna salad or as a spread for the ultimate turkey sandwich.