Tomato Florentine Pasta Casserole
Prep Time 15 MIN
Cook Time 30 MIN
- 1 pkg (375 g) Catelli® Smart Macaroni
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) vegetable oil
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 cups (500 mL) fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 1/2 tsp (2 mL) each salt and freshly ground pepper
- 1 can (540mL) Aylmer® Accents® Diced Tomatoes with Garlic & Olive Oil
- 2 cups (500 mL) Hunt's® Original Tomato Sauce
- 1 pkg (10 oz/300g) frozen chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
- 2 cups (500 mL) shredded Swiss cheese
- 1 cup (250 mL) 2% cottage cheese
- 1 cup (250 mL) fresh breadcrumbs
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) chopped parsley
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) butter, melted
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- Cook macaroni according to package directions drain.
- Meanwhile, in saucepan, heat oil over medium heat. Sauté onion, mushrooms salt and pepper 4 to 6 minutes, or until onions have softened and mushrooms have browned. Stir in tomatoes and tomato sauce. Bring to boil and remove from heat.
- Toss sauce with pasta, spinach, Swiss cheese and cottage cheese. Pour into greased 13 x 9-inch baking dish.
- Toss breadcrumbs with Parmesan cheese, parsley, butter and garlic. Sprinkle over pasta. Bake at 375°F for 20 minutes or until bubbly and top is golden.