Turkey and Black Bean Chili with Coriander
Prep Time 10 MIN
Cook Time 40 MIN
- 2 ¾ cups (685 mL) Hunt’s® Tomato Sauce
- 1 can (156 mL) Hunt’s® Tomato Paste
- 1 can (540 mL) Aylmer® Accents® Chili Style Stewed Tomatoes
- 1 cup (250 mL) chicken stock
- 1 can (540 mL) black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (341 mL) Del Monte® corn kernels, drained
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) olive oil
- 1 ½ lb (680 g) lean ground turkey
- 1 red pepper, chopped
- 1 leek, thinly sliced
- 1 clove garlic, chopped
- ½ tsp (2 mL) ground cumin
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) chopped fresh coriander
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- In a large saucepan, heat the oil over high heat. Brown the meat for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Remove the meat; reduce heat to medium. Add the pepper and leek; stir-fry for 5 minutes. Add the garlic and cumin; cook, stirring, for 1 minute.
- Add the remaining ingredients and the meat to the saucepan; bring to a simmer. Reduce heat; cover and cook for 30 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Season to taste and serve hot with pita bread.
Chef's Tip:For extra convenience, cook the chili the night before. Then re-heat over low heat.
For some extra spice, add in some cayenne pepper, to taste.