Veggie French Bread Pizza
Prep Time 15 MIN
Cook Time 10 MIN
- 1 cup (250 mL) Hunt's® Tomato Original Sauce
- 2 tsp (10 mL) Italian Seasoning 1/2 large loaf French bread, split lengthwise, then crosswise in half
- PAM® Original No-Stick Cooking Spray
- 1 cup frozen bell pepper and onion strips (from 16-oz pkg)
- 1 can (14 oz each) artichoke hearts in water, drained well, coarsely chopped
- 1 can (4 oz drained wt each) mushrooms, drained
- 1/8 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
Toasted French bread topped with bell peppers, artichokes and mushrooms with melted cheese for a ‘veggieful’ pizza
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Cover large baking sheet with aluminum foil. Place bread, cut sides up, on baking sheet. Bake 5 to 6 minutes or until lightly toasted; set aside.
- Meanwhile, spray 12-inch skillet with cooking spray; heat over medium-high heat. Add pepper blend; cook 3 minutes or until thawed. Stir in artichokes, mushrooms, Italian seasoning and pepper flakes. Cook 2 minutes or until hot and liquid has evaporated. Stir in tomato sauce.
- Spoon vegetable mixture evenly on toasted bread. Top with cheese. Bake 10 minutes or until cheese melts.