Zucchini, Veal and Ricotta Lasagna
Prep Time 20 MIN
Cook Time 1 HR 10 MIN
- 2 cups (500 mL) Hunt’s® Tomato Sauce
- 7 zucchinis, sliced lengthwise into ¼-inch thick pieces
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) olive oil
- 1 clove garlic, finely chopped
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- ¾ lb (340 g) ground veal OR ground beef
- 1 cup (250 mL) ricotta
- ½ cup (125 mL) grated Parmesan
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) dried herbs (basil, thyme, rosemary, and oregano)
- Place the zucchini slices on paper towels and sprinkle with salt.
- In a saucepan, heat oil over medium heat, add the garlic and onion and cook for 2 minutes. Add the ground veal, turn the heat up to high and cook for 4 minutes, stirring often. Add Hunt’s® Tomato Sauce and the herbs, cook over low heat for 20 minutes.
- In a lightly oiled baking dish, place a layer of zucchini, cover with Hunt’s® Tomato Sauce, sprinkle with ricotta and Parmesan, repeat to the top of the dish. Bake for 40 minutes at 350°F (180°C).